Taco’s are a staple in our house. Instead of having taco night every single week, I attempt to find taco dishes that still give the great taco flavor but add in some extra flair. Check out GOODEness Gracious to find tons of great ideas for slow cooking & to see the recipe I adapted this from.
If you don’t like the chili Fritos or the BBQ kind, regular Fritos will be fine.
I used a 9×13 pan, which fit everything just as nicely.
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 pkg Taco Seasoning
- ⅔ Cup Water
- Chili Cheese or plain Fritos, enough to scatter across the bottom of pan
- 1 Can Cheddar Cheese Soup
- ½ Cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- Brown ground beef and prepare as taco meat according to the seasoning package.
- Pour enough fritos into a 9 x9 pan to cover the bottom.
- Top with taco meat.
- Combine soup and milk in a sauce pan and heat through until smooth.
- Top taco meat with cheese sauce.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until bubbly.
- Serve with other taco toppings that you favor.