Day 4 of Soup Week: Sausage and Tortellini Soup. This is a handy soup that you can throw together and just let it cook. It’s cheesy and spicy. The perfect combo of ingredients so each bite is full of flavor.
– 4 cups of chicken broth
– 1 package of cheese tortellini
– 1 lb sausage.
– 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes (seasoned with basil, garlic & oregano)
– 8 oz. Cream Cheese
1. Set the cream cheese out while you cook your sausage to soften it a bit.
2. Add the cooked sausage and frozen tortellini to your Crock Pot. Pour the tomatoes, liquid and all, and broth over the top. Add your cream cheese to the Pot in chunks.
3. Give your Crock Pot a good stir to get everything evenly distributed, making sure the liquids are adequately covering the tortellini.
4. Cook on LOW for a total of 4 hours. Stir at 2 hours, and again at 4 hours, removing the lid and add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to thicken it up or cook for 20 mins with the lid off. Serve and enjoy!