Hello, Welcome to day 3 of soup week. Today’s soup is adapted from the recipe over at : The Kitchen Magpie I altered it a little bit by not using a crock pot and it was so good. It’s a comfort soup, and it perfect any time of the year.
Beef and Macaroni Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1- 28 ounce can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1- 28 ounce can whole Tomatoes
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni OR 2 cups dry macaroni to add in at the end
- salt and pepper, as desired
- Brown the ground beef, add the onion and garlic until translucent 3-5 minutes. Drain the grease place beef in a large dutch oven.
- Add the broth, cans of chopped and whole tomatoes, Worcestershire, brown sugar and Italian seasoning. Cook on medium heat until heated through about 15 minutes. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir
- When you are ready to serve, either add the dry macaroni and let cook for 20-25 minutes OR add cooked macaroni. Let the macaroni heat through and serve!
Enjoy! Jo xx