Healthy Kick? What?!?! I’m joking. Kind of. I am almost out of leftover Halloween candy, and i’m at the point where I know i’ll be eating crappy until January. So I figured, hey, lets eat a salad. The dressing did not work. at all. If you have a small food processor it will work, I didn’t bring mine and my parents only had a 10 cup one. Did we use it? Yes. It still added some flavor. With all this crazy weather I’ve been cooking up pot roast, heavy casseroles, and hearty soups. My favorite type of seafood is not shrimp, unless it’s cooked. I perfer crab legs or fish fry’s. But I used the Robertson’s Cajun Seasoning. It was delicious.
The recipe I based mine on is from: Damn Delicious.
* The green blob is my failed attempt at making the dressing that came with the recipe. It was good, but not creamy. *
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 4-6 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or blue cheese.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place shrimp onto the prepared baking sheet. Add olive oil and Emeril’s Essence, and gently toss to combine. Place into oven and roast just until pink, firm and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Cover eggs with a tight-fitting lid and remove from heat; set aside for 8-10 minutes. Drain well and let cool before peeling and dicing.
- To assemble the salad, place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with arranged rows of shrimp, bacon, eggs, avocado, corn and goat cheese.