It’s crisp and cold out again, thankfully. Fall really does mean hearty soups should always be available. Even if they are frozen. One thing that was new to me this week was tortellini. Not too bad. I’m thinking of new soup ideas for the next month and maybe i’ll use this kind of pasta again. But back to THIS soup. It wasn’t hard to make. And it can simmer for two hours or until ready to eat. It does taste better after an hour or so the pasta soaks up some of the broth.
Looks as good as it taste.
Here is the recipe. Forgot where I found this exact one. I’ll search for it.
1 Clove garlic, minced
3 stalks, celery, chopped
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 onion diced
10 oz box frozen spinach (unthawed)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans water
32 oz chicken broth
Family size package of cheese or chicken tortellini, half cooked
2) Saute’ garlic, celery, carrots and onions until tender
3) Add frozen spinach. Break up blocks of spinach as you cook
4) Continue to saute’ until spinach thaws, then heats up
5) Add cream of chicken soup and water
6) Add chicken broth and then add tortellini
7) Heat and Serve